WHY USE SCENTS
Ever wonder why many of the soft plastics you buy are infused with scents like garlic, anise, and other various fish attracting odors? Is this just a gimmick to get fisherman to buy the baits, or do scents really help catch fish?
Taking into consideration on how competitive the fishing industry is, if it works, then fishermen will keep using it. This is true across all aspects of fishing ranging from baits, terminal tackle, electronics, gear, etc. Scents and fishing attractants have been around for a very long time because they work. Not all scents are created equal. Some are better than others.
This is not just a “plug” begging you to try JB’s Fish Sauce. This is just some basic information that all fishermen should take into account in order to make the most of their precious time spent on the water.
So here are some of the facts:
- Aquarium hobbyists use garlic in their foods to help invoke a feeding response from “sick” fish
- Research has found that there is an influx of amino acids in the mouths of fish during periods of feeding
- Fish have nostrils, or nares, and an olfactory epithelium, which is part of a very sensitive sense of smell, using this to help locate food, mates, sense of direction, and other vital purposes
- Humans carry a myriad of odors on their hands and baits that are repulsive to a fish’s sense of smell
This is really just the tip of the iceberg. However, it all leads to one most important fact. Using scents on your lures AND hands only makes sense!
What do the scents do?
- Mask unwanted human odors (sun block, oil from priming bulb, foods, etc.)
- Help neutral fish decide to eat what is presented
- Help fish hold onto the lure/bait longer or without spitting it out
What makes JB’s Fish Sauce different from other scents on the market?
- JB’s Fish Sauce is oil-based, making the fish attracting qualities stick to the bait (water-based scents quickly disperse and disappear)
- Because it sticks to the bait, you don’t have to apply the scent over and over
- The recipe for JB’s Fish Sauce is based on scientific research from university studies and has been tested with successful results throughout the country on numerous species of fish
- We combine tried and true scents proven to be pleasing to fish (garlic, anise, baitfish, crawfish, and coffee) with real crude fish oils that researchers are indicating help induce a feeding response.
At JB’s Fish Sauce we want to encourage ALL fishermen and fisherwomen, young and old, to use scents on their fishing lures and baits and see if you notice a difference. Let us know what you experience. We are confident that the use of scents will increase your catch rates over the long haul.
We’ve all heard, “A bad day on the water is better than a good day at work”. At JB’s Fish Sauce, we want to help take the “bad day on the water” out of the equation.